Multi-row or vertical LineUp
When I have too many tasks in Lineup, I need to scroll horizontally to view everything. It would be great if Lineup supports multiple rows.
marked this post as
Wanted to share an update since it's been a while!
Zach: Excellent! What's the timeline?
Zach: This is.. just perfect ❤❤❤
Zach: awesome, I'm having to group the current lineup into 3s at the moment so when I scroll right I have a slightly better view but multiple rows will be amazing. When is it due for release?
Based on the above image, I wouldn't need to see the priority and due date, I just want to be able to use the LineUp as a quick link to tasks I need immediately available. If you develop as per your image, it's just another chunk of screen lost. I've attached an image to show what I mean as you would be able to link to a lot more tasks in less screen space.
Zach: So exciting, thank you Zach! Is this planned to launch with ClickUp 3.0?
Alexis Crabtree: Yes, we plan on launching this as part of the new Home experience!
Also would be willing to hop on a quick call with me so I can better understand your use case, please let me know and I'll reach out with a link to chat.
Zach: Hi Zach, sure I'd be happy to share our use case if that'll help! :)
Alexis Crabtree: reached out!
It will to organize the tasks in order of priority easily if I can get them in a vertical manner
The top one is the most important and I go down the list as I progress with my tasks
This would be SO helpful. As it is, LineUp is not very usable for our team because of the current UI. Glad you're looking into this.
Super excited for this to launch Zach. Do you have a date in mind?
Zach That looks super exciting and resolves alle the issue I had.
marked this post as
Hey, everyone 👋
We're doing some major investigations of our LineUp feature and I'm trying to find posts in Canny where I can ask our power users what they think! While my question isn't exactly relating to Multi-row or vertical, you'll see that we do address this in the gif! 😊
We're looking for some feedback on a brainstorming idea we've had regarding LineUp and My Work. In this gif, we're showing off an experience where you can add a task to your LineUp and then see how it will appear for you on My Work. As you can see, all LineUp items now live inside of your work and you'll be able to group by them in order to see what your next priorities are.
We'd really love to know if this would increase the value of LineUp for you.
Thanks so much!
Zach: I like it. Is the preview a pop up that you can then close and get back to where you were before?
Zach: Hey Zach, Thanks for starting to work on this feature!
Some questions and comments:
1) What is the difference between assigning a task to myself and adding it to My Work? We need to be careful, because if there are two features that seem similar, but actually are not, it can be confusing to users. For example, a user might believe that all tasks that are assigned to him are shown in the My Work view.
2) What is the difference between My Work and LineUp? Do we still need LineUp, if we have My Work?
3) Will the My Work view be integrated in the Home view? If yes, will there be grouping, sorting, filtering options for My Work in the Home view?
4) The My Work view should allow to set filters in the same way as other views.
5) In the My Work view, grouping by space/folder/list or a custom field (dropdown, label) would be helpful.
6) The option to add a task to My Work should be easily accessible everywhere (e.g. task window, list views, board views,...).
7) I had already created myself a view "My Tasks" in "Everything" using a filter "assigned to myself". I am using the list view and the calendar view. Especially the calendar view is very slow. The view is extremely slow loading and showing the tasks (sometimes 30 sec. or more to load). This is not very efficient, because I regularly and shortly visit the "My Tasks" view during my daily routine. -> The "My Work" feature must be faster. Maybe add tasks that are in "My Work" in a special container in the ClickUp structure. In that way the software does not have to look for tasks in ALL spaces and filter ALL tasks to find the "My Work" tasks.
Zach: My understanding was that the line up was for a high-level view of what you want to focus on vs. just a task list. If this is true, are you able to add List Names to this as well? Sometimes there might be a big task or a big Project/List that I want as my focus for the week. Also, I would love to see this built into the Home screen like it currently is. I appreciated having my focus items plus my tasks organized in one spot.
Zach: The reality of work with multiple possible tasks is that we must choose. Often the business decision of what to work on next falls to the individual resource performing the task, which is not usually the ideal level for that decision making. At our agency, we talk about "stack ranking", so that creative people can focus on the work, instead of the schedule. The priorities can (and do) shift from day to day, so having a mechanism to do this smoothly and efficiently would be awesome.
Zach: Was about to request this as a feature! YESSSS!!! Please release! Likewise I've got so many tasks, to be able to create a list of tasks in the order I want/need to do them in would be amazing!
Seems like exposed tabs/buttons would be a better sorting interface, Zach. A dropdown seems unnecessary. I know it's called "
ClickUp" but I'd prefer to see number of clicks go down rather than up...
Zach: That looks fantastic !
How we doing on this! Would be great to have a vertical lineup. Having to scroll waste time and doesn't serve the purpose of having a single view of your priority tasks. Clickup Admin
even left/right scrolling with MagicMouse would be a nice stopgap.
Yes please!! This would be amazing. I
lovethe idea of LineUp - I do it manually with tags right now but to have something built in would be great. I just can't handle the tiny 3 at a time tasks. It doesn't give me all the information I need in one view to prioritize my next task.